Let me tell you again! I am NOT a salad person! Its the weather which is making me feel like eating nothing other than some fresh fruits. On the flip side, I think this diet is going to last for a while. 😛
With this weather and weekend in the proximity I feel absolutely unproductive (a mental hi-five if you are with me) I have some serious work lined up for the weekend and I need to think about five, umm no! ten things that can charge me up.
1. Bruce Springsteen’s “I am on Fire”
2. A long drive (alone, by the way) on a traffic-less road and listening to rock ‘n’ roll.
3. Paint my nails, bright sunshine yellow or orange.
4. Watch “The Holiday” and eat vanilla ice-cream with piping hot chocolate sauce! See! I am actually feeling better, just the thought of it makes me dreamy. I mean both ice-cream and Jude Law 😛
5. Sleep with ridiculous number of fluffy pillows around.
7. Shop. Umm Didn’t I do that just last week? Doesn’t matter.
9. A surprise
10. Fresh Mint and Melon Salad.
Now we’re talking baby!
Just realized that two out of ten feel-good-factors above involve food! 🙂
This is a very quick recipe. It took me about 10 minutes. The flavors are absolutely refreshing.
Don’t get intimidated by the melon scoops. I like my salad pretty plus I had to do something to come out of my I-feel-so-unproductive-zone. You can very well, chop the melons into big chunks.
MINTY MELON SALAD- RECIPE
Makes a medium bowl of salad
1 small size cantaloupe or musk melon
1/4 Water melon
For the dressing
10-15 sprigs of mint
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
Scoop/ cut the melons and refrigerate for 10 minutes. A cool salad is always refreshing.
Grind the min leaves along with lemon juice, pepper powder, salt and sugar. Toss the melons with the dressing.
Tell me how you like it…
More to come…….